Winlink Basics – May 15, 2021 at 10:00 am (via Zoom)
As part of our series of EPA ARRL Section online seminars, we invite you to register for “Winlink Basics” presented by Mark Wheeler, KZ3MW, on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10:00 am (via Zoom). During Field Day in June I’m going to encourage everyone to send me your Section Manager Messages and your 10 messages for bonus points via Winlink. If you are not familiar with this handy tool, now’s your chance to take a look at it.
To register online, click this link: https://epa-arrl.org/classes
- History of WinLink
- Solved the problem of Internet mail access from anywhere to anyone, at anytime via radio
- Not a rag chew or chat mode; best for hi-speed xfer of complex msgs & email
- Who uses WinLink and why? (ARC, SHARES, ARES)
- Why use WinLink via radio instead of other digital text protocols, voice messaging, or CW?
- What is the difference between WinLink via RMS and WinLink PtP?
- Connecting your radio and computer to be WinLink-capable
- Which communication protocol should you use to connect?
- Differences among Telnet, Pactor, Packet, ARDOP, VARA HF and VARA FM
- What does WinLink look / sound like?