The HamSCI Festivals of Eclipse Ionospheric Science will occur October 14, 2023 and April 8, 2024 during spectacular North American solar eclipses.
The Festivals will consist of multiple events, each with a goal of increasing our understanding of sun-ionosphere-earth relationships. Participants will include volunteer amateur radio operators, short wave listeners and science researchers from multiple US universities.
HamSCI FoEIS Events in which you can participate
- The Solar Eclipse QSO Party (SEQP)
- The Gladstone Signal Spotting Challenge (GSSC)
- Learn how to participate by visiting the HamSCI FoEIS Contest Info Page
- Doppler Effects on the Reception of WWV and CHU Utilizing the Grape 2 Low-IF Receiver
- The Use of Time Delay of Arrival (TDOA) Measurements to Profile Ionospheric Layer Height Changes During Solar Eclipses
Tracking Traveling Ionospheric Disturbances Using Doppler-shifts of AM Broadcast Stations
- VLF Reception Exercise
Read More about this here: